3 August 2014

Dear August

Dear August,

I was just starting to enjoy July when it left. Just when beach days and family time were beginning to become a regular thing in contrast to the 2 weeks of sitting at home alone allowing myself to recover from the incredibly busy academic year I've just completed, July had to go without so much as a good bye.

I hope you'll continue the work July started, August, but I also hope you bring with you your own adventures. Adventures I can't imagine right now. Nothing particularly fancy, I'm not brave enough to go on any adventures that are too outrageous, but small, day to day adventures. The type that aren't appreciated until they're in the past. That's the kind of adventures I love the most, August.

So, August, I'm looking forward to see what you bring with you. Although I can't help but think I shouldn't think of this as July has left and you've suddenly appeared, because time doesn't really split that easily, does it? I know looking back in a few months I will not remember which memories I share with July and which memories I share with you, August, but just the memories that were created.

Here's to what's the come, August.

Liebe Lucy x


No comments:

Post a Comment